segunda-feira, julho 20, 2009

Cinemuerte - A Raven Heart




In Ravenheart Music:

Reviews A-LRavenheart Music
CINEMUERTE..'AURORA CORE'

(Raging Planet Records) Reviewed 20th July 2009

What a little gem we have here. CineMuerte (formed in 2002) is a band based in Lisbon, and I would say that this act are one of the most promising hard rock acts on the Portugese Rock/Metal Scene. This is backed up by the fact that they have opened for HIM and My Chemical Romance amongst others. 'Aurora Core' is the follow up to their 2006 album 'Born from Ashes', and I must say now that 'Aurora Core' is a totally awesome release, with mixing and mastering by Waldemar Sorychta (Lacuna Coil, The Gathering, Moonspell etc). The music is totally riveting throughout. Getting underway with 'A Tapper Light', the band then up the ante with 'Up For A Fight', a hideously catchy tune that I am sure sounds awesome live, and showcases the excellent vocals of Sophia Vieira. No operatics here, just plain good old female fronted melodic hard rock, that has been brought dragging and screaming into the 21st century. 'Air' keeps up the thundering pace, while the excellent 'I Am A Fool But I Love You' (great title) carries on the high standard of musicianship. Highlights are a plenty on this record, to numerous to mention, but I would go as far as to say that every track here is a thundering winner. There is even a cool track called 'Dave', while final track 'The Call' I just love - great vocals too! On that note...This is a good un so BUY, BUY, BUY!!! 9/10 (Reviewed by Dave)