domingo, junho 29, 2008

House of The Past

Escrevi a letra para o tema "House of The Past" para Aurora Core, baseada num conto da autoria de Algernon Blackwood (1914).

Por vezes, ponho-me a pensar nele. Crio um tema. Crio o monstro que me assusta quando o mundo se cala. Quando eu me oiço. Quando eu me oiço finalmente porque ele me pára para tudo me dizer.


"But, remember," whispered the Dream, answering my unspoken wonder, "that you are listening to the song it has sung for untold ages into untold myriad ears. It carries back so appallingly far; and in that simple dirge, profound in its terrible monotony, are the associations and recollections of the joys, grieves, and struggles of all your previous existence. The wind, like the sea, speaks to the inmost memory," she added, "and that is why its voice is one of such deep spiritual sadness. It is the song of things for ever incomplete, unfinished, unsatisfying." in House of The Past by Algernon Blackwood


"Algernon Henry Blackwood, CBE (Commander of the British Empire) was an English writer of fiction dealing with the supernatural, who was also a journalist and a broadcasting narrator.
The son of a preacher, Blackwood had a life-long interest in the supernatural, the occult, and spiritualism, and firmly believed that humans possess latent psychic powers. " In Wik